3.5

I've used Serengeti VIP for about 10 months and altho the service is slow, I found it worthwhile getting the refund checks. However, we are trying to close out the credit card used when I initially signed up.

I was told the ONLY way to change credit cards was to close my account and open another one!!! What a shock. Are you kidding? Every month I get one charge on my credit card Serengeti VIP and if want to change cards I have to close the account?

Meanwhile, what happens to claims I am waiting for? My husband suggested that he open a new account and then I can close mine when my already submitted transactions were cleared and my rebates had been issued. No sooner did he do this, but within a week, but he had a cancellation notice in his email. It said "we're sorry you decided to cancel your membership...it mustve been something we did".

He decided? Wait, what? And then I went into my account and it was blocked. I can no longer even get into my account to view my rebates.

I sent some emails about this - my husband saying he did NOT cancel the membership. I wrote saying I could no longer get into my account. Sarah wrote back and said BOTH mine and my husbands memberships were cancelled because we violated the terms of the VIP agreement! What?

In all the fine print it says that there can be only one membership per household! Well, if they would have transferred my credit card then there would be no issue. I had just had my $14.95 charged to my credit card and was going to cancel as of the end of the time I paid for, but due to the long time of processing claims, we figured the best way to change over credit cards was for him to open a new account while my last couple claims processed. We had no idea we were violating any terms of agreement.

Sorry I never remembered all that fine print. I was a faithful customer. Maybe I was TOO faithful? Did I submit too many claims and thought it'd be more profitable to get rid of me?

And according to the terms which I just read it also says...if you cancel your membership (Which remember I HAD TO DO, as per VIP representative "in order to change my method of payment"), that we had to wait TWELVE MONTHS to rejoin! WHAT? The VIP rep NEVER EVER said anything about that. SO, I guess whatever method of payment you choose in the beginning, you are committed to.

I was just tired of having to pay $14.95 each month on a credit card that I did not use for anything else - and worried I would miss a payment, then get charged $30 late fee, plus interest, plus docked on my credit score for perfect payment. Sadly, I guess, I was really overall content with VIP despite the unpredictability of processing claims and the length of time it took. But this is totally unfair. I am waiting for Sarah to call me back.

And according to Sarah, her email made it sound like due to us violating the "terms of agreement" we can NEVER sign up again. Nice, huh? Guess they didn't like that I actually USED this and didn't waste the $14.95 each month. And according to all the fine print, even tho I JUST paid the $14.95 for this coming month, 3 days before my account was cancelled , they reserve the right to not refund me nor process any claims I was owed.

Nice. Not a happy camper.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Rebates and variety of stores.

I didn't like: Poor explanation of vip club services.

Comments